Topband: ZD9ZM QRT on 160M (?)

R. Kline 4x4nj@iname.com
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 16:30:25 +0100

I just worked Bob on 15M and he said that he had some very heavy storms
today and that his 160M antenna is down.  I had caught him just as he was
QSYing to RTTY, so I wasn't able to ask if he'll have a chance to get the
antenna working again before leaving ZD9. From the jist of his
transmissions, he seemed to be implying that there will be no more 160M
activity, but again, this wasn't specifically said by him.

73,
Riki, 4X4NJ

P.S. Per Website on 17 Sept...draw your own conclusions...de W4ZV:

"Bob reports that the Agulhas will be returning early and that he and Karen
will now be leaving the island on Saturday 23rd September and not on the
25th as he first expected.  This will mean that the LF station will have
to be dismantled on Friday 22nd September, although he will be able to use
Andy's station on HF until he absolutely has to leave."