Topband: Condx tonight

Saul Abrams sabrams@nycap.rr.com
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 00:46:18 -0400

Interesting condx tonight.  Decided to check the band before going to bed.
Band had a lot of rain static but was listening on 500 foot European
Beverage so not too bad.  Heard OK1DQT calling cq at about 0315 with a 559
signal, but he couldn't hear me.  Then worked 4X4NJ at 0318 who was 599 but
with very deep qsb; FM5BH at 0326 (579 on Eur Bev); 5B4ADA hitting 599 at
0330; F6HKA at 0335 (569); ZS6UT at 0342 who just made it to 549; G3NCN at
0348 but barely readable at 339; IV3PRK at 0400 peaking to about 559, but
later heard at 0430 hitting 579; and finally GU3WHN who popped up at 0407,
peaked at a real 599 and promptly disappeared. Nothing particularly
earth-shattering about working all these stations except that I heard almost
no other activity from the states.  So most of these stations worked me and
then faded away again--except for IV3PRK who I heard working stations for
about a half hour.   73  Saul  K2XA  Albany, NY