Topband: Re: Hy Gain Hytower

Bill Hohnstein k0ha@navix.net
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:27:01 -0500

W0AH wrote:

>I don't think the Hyrtower is as bad on 160M as some others have
reported...

With a base loaded HyTower with Teflon tower-top insulators and a
kilowatt it took me about 15 months to work 100 countries on 160M
from Nebraska.  Later, after adding about 20 extra feet of tower
sections to the HyTower and some parasitic elements that were sized
and spaced primarily for 80 and 40 meters (read marginal 160M gain
while lowering the driven element's [HyTower's] base impedance),
I won the1987 CQ 160 Meter Phone Contest's USA Single Operator
Award plaque.  New QTH, new antennas now...

73,  Bill     K0HA