Topband: TOPBAND: PARALLEL VERTICAL ANTENNAS AND 160M AMPS

jystrib jystrib@email.msn.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 23:47:16 +0100

I have been using a similar system in my mobile for about three years.  I
use a screwdriver whip antenna for 160M thru 15M.  Because the whip is about
14 feet when it is all the way down It will not resonate on 10M. I have
mounted a steel whip to the bottom of the screwdriver for that band.  I pull
the top of the whip away from the screwdriver with a fishline to keep the
two antennas from tangling while in motion.  It seems to work fine and I
have found no interaction and the screwdriver will give a good match at all
bands from 160 to 15M.

73  Don  KH6DX/M