Topband: 5B4-USA LP 16/12/01

k6se@juno.com k6se@juno.com
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 05:19:49 -0800

Rag, LA5HE wrote:

"Very interesting. I wonder if this suggests that even we up here could
work West-Coast USA LP on 160 near our sunset during mid-winter ?"
Although the 5B4ADA/N7UA QSO was LP, I and others have previously worked
northern EU stations at your sunset/our sunrise on 160m this time of the
year, but it was not long path.  The stations could only be heard/worked
from here by beaming the short path.

If you check your grayline map, you'll see that it is an all-darkness
path from the USA west coast to northern and eastern EU via the normal
short path around the winter solstice during my sunrise.

73, de Earl, K6SE