Topband: Stew Perry Rules

Dr. Valeri Stefanov wally@el-soft.com
Wed, 03 Jan 2001 14:41:16 +0200

Hi Bert,

After reading some soapbox comments on previous contests and taking part
for the first time myself this year I think that to make the contest
dedicated to a great man - W1BB the best top band contest the rules would
be changed a bit.

What I have in mind is what I suggested to N4IN back in 1986 through the
Top Band Bulletin in Radiosporting journal for CQWW 160m contests.

What was it :
1. Multipliers - each different grid worked
2. Points - 1 pt for the grid next to yours, 2pts for the grid after the
next and so on.
3. Keep separate categories for HP,LP and QRP.

Thus the contest will be fair for almost everyone and all will be
stimulated to work DXes and not only USA to USA or EU to EU with just 5 watts.
Also HP and QRP stations will not get angry on each other and all top
banders will have fun.

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

HNY 2001 and Cu on magic band.

73's de Wally LZ2CJ