Topband: 160 Meter Propagation

k6se@juno.com k6se@juno.com
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 23:19:33 -0800

Larry, W7IUV wrote:

"From me to JA is about 20% over land. To EU is about over 55% or 60%
land.  Given the propagation stations in other geographical areas have
across similar land masses, I cannot believe this would account for more
than a small fraction of the differences I see. Look at the JA to EU
path.  95% land, and almost 9000 km. Judging by the DX summit spots, it's
not a real tough path. I just don't see the evidence that backs up the
land mass theory."
Then it must be the auroral zone that's the big thing for you and me to
EU, regardless of what any charts show.  The JA path to EU doesn't even
come close to the auroral zone.

73, de Earl, K6SE