Topband: JA opening this morning

Tom Rauch w8ji@contesting.com
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:35:03 -0500

> stronger yesterday.  JA1HQT was also audible, but he was zero beat with a
> carrier on 1820 (anyone else plagued by this?) and thus almost impossible
> to pull out.  Listening on 580ft Beverage.

We probably need to remind the JA's that 1820 is no good, just as
1830 and 1840 are no good, for zero beat CW signals. CW DX
should just avoid being on the "10's" when working USA.

The signal on 1820 is normally S-2 or so from here towards JA, but
is S-8 in your direction at times! Probably another AM station or
group of them.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com