Topband: intermitting attenuation

DF2PY df2py@t-online.de
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 20:15:48 +0100

hello Folks !
on our Sunday am we had a very good activity on the band.Almost 50 US stns wkd
in about 3hrs.We had two sudden drops of band noise and in the same time the Dx
sigs dropped also about 10 to 15 dbs,this lasted for about 20 min,after a while
the noise came slowly back up and so did the dx stns.Rig was checked with a
second FT 1000 D and everything Ok.Checked with other EUs on band at the same
time and they had the same effect.
Never saw this happen in such a pronounced way,i wonder if this was audible on
the US side as well.      73 de wolf DF2PY