Topband: EA6/JA conditions.

Josep ea6acc@jazzfree.com
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 16:00:51 -0000

Funny openning yesterday between EA6 and JA, worked 15 stations, 7 of them
first time QSO. Average signal was 559 for all, but some of them peaked 599!
I donīt know if my set of EWEs were performed after dismatling them from
EA6IB Contest location, but the thing is that I could not copy any JA
through them, RX antenna was same as TX, my 25m Top-loaded-vertical. Another
point,  is that we have to work split, but many of the rest in EU can work
below 1830, that can be a trouble (specially if your RX ants are NOT
working!) because the used QSX freq for you is used at the same time for
another EU station as his TX freq., making almost impossible to read the JA
stations calling you, like last night. I suppose thatīs the challenge, but
how about to leave a part of the band for QSX DX, just like in some
contests..? (where did I read that..?).
Well, anyway good fun, and hope conditions improve in the coming days, for
me has been the first openning of the year, and the only one in a long time!

HNY all,

73, Josep