Topband: Ar2 Preamp

Milt Jensen, ARS N5IA miltj@aepnet.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:31:17 -0700

N2CKH:
>I have no experience with them at medium wave, howver my experience with
>them on VHF/UHF keep them out of consideration for my low band receive
>antennae. In addition, they do not have the features that one would want on
>the low bands.

Hello Steve,
	I would be interested in the particulars of your negative experience with
the ARR GaAsFET preamplifiers.
	My personal experience of the past 15 years with the VHF and UHF
models, both commercial and amateur, on more than 40 repeaters located on 22
mountain top locations in AZ, NM and WTX has been 10 on the 1-10 (worst to
best scale).
	I would not hesitate to purchase their Top Band or 160-75 Meter model
for use on the low bands, in fact was considering it for a new project.
	Have a good week.

Milt, N5IA