Topband: Ar2 Preamp

GALE STEWARD k3nd@yahoo.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 05:51:28 -0800 (PST)

Some years ago when I was building my receiver
bandpass filter/preamp units, I used used a broadband
preamp (1-30mhz, PC board model) preamp that I bought
from ARR.  I used a broadband model as it followed a 7
element bandpass filter in the circuit (one filter for
each band, switched).  I probably bought 30 of these
things and the only problem I ever had was when guys
didn't follow the instructions and install some kind
of circuitry to protect the preamp/receiver while
transmitting and receiving with a beverage/EWE,etc.
All of them were easily repaired BTW.  I use mine
frequently on topband.  I have actually thought of
stepping back in technology and designing a topband
preamp using a 6AU6 tube that the guys couldn't burn
up!  I'm a satisified ARR customer.

73, Stew  K3ND