Topband: Reverse termination of a single wire Beverage

Herbert Schoenbohm herbs@vitelcom.net
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 09:45:43 -0400

The original 1927 Beverage article which I had a copy of before
Hurricane Hugo had a drawing of reverse termination of a single wire
Beverage by placing the termination resistor in series with the center
tap of the matching coil LC circuit.  I have not read any other
reference to this practice and am very curious if it works by creating a
phantom termination at the unterminated end of the wire.  In my
particular case I could really improve a NW path by running the wire SE
and terminating at the NW end.  A two wire Beverage is not practical and
an unterminated one can work but not achieve the directivity that I am
hoping for.  Also the practice of running 500 feet of of RG-6 to the SE
end underneath the Beverage or parallel to it has been frowned upon in
previous reflector postings.

Any Suggestions?

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ