Topband: Summer Propagation

RPARKES197@aol.com RPARKES197@aol.com
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 07:01:15 EDT

As mentioned by KN4LF his finding are typical of my experience from tropical
latitudes.  With this being the case should folk further south be bucking
their need for sleep and be getting up at 2-3am to work EU rather than
waiting for a non existent sunrise peak.  Mind you as I used to find that the
band was only open 1 day in 5 so results were quite discouraging and not
conducive to encourage further activity.

But as Bob NM7M pointed out to me in a private email it is as much
demographics and social trends that make the the band slow up during summer
in the Northern Hemisphere.

73s

Bob Parkes
G3REP