Topband: Ladderline

PBrogl@aol.com PBrogl@aol.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:45:58 EDT

KN4LF:
<<  I use 450 ohm ladder line as a feedline with my 160 1/2 wave T. ...
   With a coaxial line you can place the ferrite beads on it at the
 feedpoint, to choke off feedline radiation, therefore it's a more popular
 alternative.

You should be able to use a ferrite choke also with the ladder line. You will
have to use a larger toroid, also the ladder line itself will probably not go
through the toroid, so you have to use two single wires.  Mechanically it
does not look as nice as the coax solution, but electrically it is equivalent.

73 de Peter, DK6NP