Topband: Receive Antennas

Tom Rauch w8ji@akorn.net
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:57:13 -0400

The start of an antenna article is posted now on the W8JI.com
web site.  The article describes how and why near field and
induction field coupling is unpredictable, and does explain (I hope)
how to properly model and compare receiving antennas using
EZnec for Windows.

Over the next several weeks I'll have something up on receiving
verticals (including the correct way to install a receive-only four
square). I'll eventually include off-the-air sound files so you can
listen to each antenna system described.

I've completed measurements of EWE and flag transformers along
with photo's, and will eventually have that up also.

I'm just finishing a keyclick primer describing what causes and
controls keyclicks and describes a mod for FT1000MP's that has
reduced FT-1000MP keyclicks around 30 dB at 1 kHz test spacing
in three sample radios. That article should be up in the next week.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com