Topband: BQ9P on 160 meters - from KU9C

Bernie McClenny, W3UR bernie@dailydx.com
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 01:21:51 +0000

I heard from many folks in 6 land that, after a morning of hearing BQ9P on 160
579, and not being heard, the BQ9P team fixed the beverage antennas they've
constructed and seem to have made substantial improvement in receive signal.
I believe they made it as far east as AZ and I know some of the folks in 5
land are going to be trying.  We're also going to try to get them on the band
at their sunset to try to see if we can work some of the east coast.

While there is no official Pilot station, I'm able to get messages thru and if
the die-hard 160 ops want to take a crack at BQ9P this may be as good a chance
as any.  They've got some guys there that are dedicated to trying to make as
many low band contacts as possible, and its hard to say when they'll get back
when the season favors 160 into the USA.

Any comments that should be passed on to the team can be sent to me at
ku9c@arrl.net, and I'll try to get them thru!

73
Steve Wheatley, KU9C

--