Topband: Re: 3G0Y

Santa Fe kt5x@cnsp.com
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:43:19 -0700

W5YA:
> Thank you for replying on the topband list and providing
> the on-line log URL.  First QSOed them using my call sign,
> KT5X, then QSOed using our club call sign, W5YA, but running
> only five watts of power from my Elecraft K2. I waited for a
> signal peak, called, and they came RIGHT back!

  Wow, that's really amazing! My congrats!

  I remember last year at CN8WW, that the QSL manager of CN8WW brought
the W5YA QSL for a QRP 160m QSO with CN8WW in 1999 and showed it to
everybody to encourage us and to show what is possible on top band!!!

  I have asked the team, they are using a beverage antenna pointed to
North America and Europe to listen on 160. And... the location there is
really quiet. That's the secret.

  Keep on the good QRP work and 73,

  Bernd, DF3CB