Topband: Fwd: AstroAlert: Major X-Class Solar Flare & Earth-directed

Warren J. Walsh wwalsh@pluto.skyweb.net
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:06:26 -0500

Bill,
This might be of interest to the list.

73
Warren - K2BM

P.S.  Thanks Warren!  You reminded me how much information Cary Oler has at
his site (http://www.spacew.com/) including an area dedicated to 160
Propagation under the Ham Radio link at the top of the home page.  Lots of
good info at his site for any unfamiliar with it!  TU!...de W4ZV

>From: Cary Oler <oler@solar.spacew.com>
>Subject: AstroAlert: Major X-Class Solar Flare & Earth-directed Mass Ejection
>To: sun-earth@skypub.com
>Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 06:34:08 -0700 (MST)
>Sender: owner-sun-earth@skypub.com
>
>                              A s t r o  A l e r t
>                                Sun-Earth Alert
>
>                           Solar Terrestrial Dispatch
>                             http://www.spacew.com

>                   MAJOR CLASS X1.7 SOLAR PROTON FLARE ALERT
>
>                      Supporting imagery is available at:
>                     http://www.spacew.com/astroalert.html

      A major class X1.7/1N solar proton flare was observed erupting from the