Topband: Vertical Antenna

Bill Gerhold wpgerhold@longo-ind.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 17:01:58 -0400

As some of you may know from previous postings,
I am putting up an 80 meter vertical.  Thanks to
all for your inputs.  I do however have (1) final
question (I hope).  I have not seen this issue
addressed in any of the literature.

Assuming my vertical will be centered over the radial
system, at a common connection point, how close or distant must
this radial system need to be from the vertical?

How far from the vertical can the radial common connection point be?

Is there an optimal distance that would make it more efficient or should
the seperation be sufficient to avoid flashover?

Thanks for the input.

Bill
K2WH ex WA2AEH