Topband: unexpected cndx

DF2PY df2py@t-online.de
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 07:04:59 +0100

Hi reflectees !
I want to add another remarkable piece of topband experience to the
understanding of topband propagation.
The A was 74 and the K was 3 this morning when i hit the band.Among others the
NW-most stn was N0AH ( Wyo ) the SW-most was KV0Q ( CO ) and the Southernmost
was N5WA (LA).The east coast was underrepresented , maybe due to QRN from the
hurricane remnants.
It looks like even hi A indexes dont always "kill" the band.Regularly i would
not have cared about the band with these numbers,the only reason was that i
wanted to try out my new antenna setup ( lots of blood, sweat an` tears went
into that one ).But we still have not worked W6s this season here in central
EU.In former years the month of September yielded west coast cndx-this year no
chance.This topband behaviour leaves me more and more disoriented all the time-
there seems to be no more "rule of thumb".
good Dx-ing everybody !      de wolf -df2py-