Topband: Yaesu G800 for rotatable 160m rx array

Steve Ireland sire@iinet.net.au
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 16:07:10 +0800

G'day

My friend Phil VK6APH and I are in the process of building a rotatable
1.8MHz receive array, using an Yaesu G800 rotator we picked up cheaply.

The G800 came without a control box and although it is relatively easy to
build a replacement of the latter, the item we are having problem in
getting hold of is the 6-pin Jackson-type plug which connects the control
box (via the control cable) to the actual rotator.

So far, our e-mails to Yaesu stockists in Australia and the United Kingdom
have been totally without success.  Does anyone (say, in North America)
know where it is possible to obtain a plug of this kind - or know of an
especially  helpful Yaesu stockist?

If anyone has any ideas, please e-mail me direct.

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ