Topband: Raise the feedpoint?

Greg Chartrand w7my@yahoo.com
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 06:11:48 -0800 (PST)

Here's a question for the vertical/modeling experts.

I have a 65' top loaded vertical I just put up. In the
past, I laid out as many radials as I could of various
lengths. Unfortunately I'm on the side of a hill and
have very little space I can install radials.

Now the questions. I currently feed the vertical at
the base. If I raise the feedpoint 10' and install
counterpoise wires will I be better off? I can manage
about 4 1/4 wave wires in a non-semetrical pattern. If
I raise the feedpoint is there any current flow in the
lower 10' of the vertical?

thanks,

Greg
W7MY