Topband: EU again in W7 from N0AH

Dinsterdog@aol.com Dinsterdog@aol.com
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 02:27:28 EDT

DF2PY last month was not as rare as I thought it would be to get into EU this
season-

With a K=4 and a A=34, and a SF=201, the topband was a lot quiter than 80
meters tonight.  Quiet enough to work GM3YTS at 06:00 and just before that,
was hearing EA3VY but not sure in QRN if he heard me-  GM3YTS was a solid
copy both ways-

Even with a K index hanging around 4-5 the last couple of days, 80 meters has
been noisey but good into EU the past two nights, with 160 being non-existant
here the night before except for HO1A .... yet tonight you could hear a pin
drop on 160 tonight

I'm surprised to hear EU on either band with these numbers. I'm given up on
looking at WWV numbers-  I think the low band season has started very well
compared to the last two years from here in W7 regarding EU.  (Ok, I am the
most SE W7 in the USA, but W7 none the less, hi)

No scewed signals were noticed tonight out of EU on the topband. Hearing VK's
every morning with VK6 coming in on the regular NW beverage and the rest of
VK on the SW antenna-

I would guess to say that PAC/JA could be loud in here later this morning if
the band holds up- But who knows-  interested in hearing what others arouund
the globe thought of 160 meter conditions the last 24-48 hours- Feel free to
email me direct dinsterdog@aol.com -

73  Paul  N0AH/7
Carpenter, WY