Topband: Elevating radials

ted demopoulos kr1g@hotmail.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:31:51

The (80m) 4-square here went live the day of last CQWWSSB.
It's "quickie" radials were raised, 4 per element, starting from ground
level, going up at approx 45 degrees to 7-10 feet, and then sort of drooping
a bit (to 1-6 feet depending - it was softdrawn). It worked.
(there were also 4 1/8 radials on ground per element that I'm guessing
didn't do much).

Anyways, resonance was approx 3775 per element - after putting down 48 on
ground radials each, resonance per element dropped to approx 3540.

I was and still am surprised - and I'm not drawing conclusions! I do however
think that it works better with the ground radials, but no way to really
tell

73
Ted KR1G