Topband: re : CQWW SSB & Our Continuing Bandplan Discussions....

Michael Keane, K1MK k1mk@arrl.net
18 Oct 2001 09:46:25 -0700

On Thu, 18 October 2001, Jeffrey Clarke wrote:

> 1820 - 1843. It's still OK to answer these guys down there but you
> run the risk of some guy operating CW complaining you trashed his QSO
> that you might have to deal with later. The odds are that if you keep
> your cool and don't start arguing with someone about the frequency you
> are not going to run into any problems with Riley.

Alternatively, one could imagine a complaint being filed about a CW station
that fires up calling CQ on top of some DX station's transit frequency because
the CW guy can't hear the DX.

Talk about a way NOT to win friends and influence people...

Let's all try to relax and just use some common sense.

73,
Mike K1MK

Michael Keane K1MK
k1mk@arrl.net