Topband: Fwd:From PI4COM

by way of Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu> K1ZM@aol.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:00:59 +0100

The attached message was received this morning from one of our friends at
PI4COM.

He asks that we listen DOWN during CQWW SSB below 1843 for his CQ calls. Ulli
will be listening SPLIT above 1843 for our calls in reply.

Good Hunting - these folks, even with a broken antenna, are usually quite
loud over here.

73 JEFF

From: "Ulli Grunow" <ulli@wxs.nl>
To: <K1ZM@aol.com>
Subject: 160m bandplan
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:21:26 +0200

Jeff,
no US-station will be called by PI4COM on topband, if they are operating
below 1843kHz...
However I hope, that US-stations will be remember to listen split QRG for
PI4COM below there TX-qrg, as we might call split by ourselves at 1830..35 or so

tx ant is still our (storm-broken) vertical which is cut to 33m height
only... it used to be 43m before the severe 120miles/hour storm

Ulli, PA5AT
160m op at PI4COM
lowband op at PA6HQ