Topband: Beverage orientations

by way of Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu> n4uk@mindspring.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:32:45 +0100

      I didn't think I'd have much use for a due North beverage either until
I put up an un-terminated beverage North-South thinking more about CE0 and
South America but when I started listening on it to Europe I found that
there were numerous times that the S/N was much better to Europe on it than
my Northeast beverage. Unless you have one of those "super quiet in all
directions" QTHs it is worth losing signal strength and improving S/N by
having those beverages in the "odd" directions. 73 , Ken N4UK