Topband: 160m bandplanning and contests

Steve Ireland sire@iinet.net.au
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 14:24:42 +0800

G'day all,

If there are SSB contest stations outside of the US (Europe, Asia, Oceania
or wherever) who try and run US stations (or others) below 1843, then
contestants should simply ignore them - or hop onto the frequency and point
out what they are doing wrong.

Don't reward people for doing the wrong thing by working them. I won't.

Every year in the CQ 160 contests, I hear some operators (not from North
America, I might add) who operate in the contest 'DX Window' and run
stations in their own continent. If EVERYONE would simply ignore the
operators concerned and not work them, they soon give up this very
irritating practice.

Solidarity is the key, brothers and sisters.

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ (the man in the big RED suit)

PS I liked John WA4TT's idea of the two lists (the 'good' list and the
'bad' list).  As the song goes: "I'll be making two lists and checking them
twice, gonna find out who's naughty or nice"...and only those on the good
list will be getting a Zone 29/VK multiplier pre-Christmas present.