Topband: K3J

Dinsterdog@aol.com Dinsterdog@aol.com
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 09:46:32 EDT

Sept 16, 2001

Heard K3J for 10 minutes from 1328-1338Z, on 1.824, almost an hour past our
sunrise and the only time I've heard them from here- 1.827 here has a mild
carrier on it so this was a decent chance to try him on 1.824 never or less
in the sunlight this am- - but no copy on us or hardly anyone else calling-
They sure move around a lot on the low band spectrum- never seems to stay in
one place too long- seems like noise is the main problem from listening in-
Do they have a beverage, or should I say, room for a beverage?? From the air
photo's, the place looks like an aircraft carrier- Has to be a tough place to
operate-  Can't get over how small and flat of a rock it is- Amazing effort
under the world's circumstances- These ops sound exhausted-

73  Paul  N0AH
Carpenter, Wyoming