Topband: dx condx

by way of Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu> W7lr@aol.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:43:19 +0100

Condx before our sunrise in MT now around 1300z have been good, with
qso's with vk3zl vk3xu vk6hd zk1qma xe2mx and k3j all with good signals.
n7ua reported working 17 ja one morning - I hadn't heard one yet.  This
morning ja were calling k3j and were around s3 but were gone after k3j qsy to
80m. Do ja ever use their 1900+ khz segment any more - I listen there
sometimes but nil so far.  Our evenings after sunrise which is now around
0130z have been pretty dormant.  Wolf DF2PY and I worked on 30 July 0336z but
haven't heard each other since.  I heard 9A2AJ  339 on 10 Sept 0245z but no
qso, many other EU were on but I couldnt hear anyone else.  CX and LU are on
1845 ssb evenings but too much qrn to contact them.
Let's hope that we have a good topband season this winter.

73 Bob W7LR in MT