Topband: Listening to an electric fence....

Floyd Sense sentek@sprintmail.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:58:27 -0400

Well, it's approaching low-band time here in eastern NC as the QRN is
beginning to slack off.  Now I'm left with listening to what I think is
electric fence noise and need to get that resolved soon.  What I'm hearing
is a short pulse, that recurs every second.  Does the usual electric fence
energizer pulse the fence wire in that fashion?  Does the pulse generator
itself generally radiate the RFI, or is it more likely to be a poor fence
connection or intermittent ground on the energized wire?

Both of my neighbors have the electric fences and I can't just walk the
fence line because it runs through some rough country, including a
snake-infested swamp.  So, it would be very helpful to know what to look for
before venturing out.  I'll start with having them disable the fence power
and see where we go from there. Thanks for any info you can share with me on
this.

K8AC
Floyd Sense - Angier, NC