Topband: Conditions this morning

Robert Brown bobnm7m@cnw.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:34:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again Tom,

Thanks for the reply, saying that your skewed paths were before 1200 UTC.
As I indicated, magnetic/auroral activity ended at about 1200 UTC and your
contacts were well before that, VK3IO at 1130 UTC and VK3ZL at 1145 UTC.

If you go to the old HAARP URL,

		www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/cgi.mg.fcgi

you will be transferred to the new one and given a display of the recent
magnetometer record.  That shows considerable magnetic activity from 2100
UTC on Sept 25 to 1200 UTC on Sept 26.  And the activity was much greater
than the activity I referred to a few days ago when W8JI reported skewed
paths.

So this is a possible source of the skewing.  Certainly it had a cause,
not "just happening".

Thanks for the report; as they say, "every little bit helps".

73,

Bob, NM7M