Topband: VK9ML 160 qsy requests

KG6DV@cs.com KG6DV@cs.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:56:28 EDT

I worked the VK9ML expedition this morning on 80CW at 1434Z and decided to
leave the rig on their frequency just to see what happened to their signal
during the sunrise period.  While waiting I noticed something that some of
you might be interested in. There were a lot of very nice signals out of
Europe on 80,  several of these stations asked for a quick qsy contact on 160
and the VK9ML operator honored the request on every occasion.  He left the 80
meter frequency at 1615, 1640, 1711, 1733, 1800, and 1840 while I was
listening, each time to return within minutes and resume working on 80
meters.  One loud S53 even passed the callsigns of two other S5 stations that
would also be waiting on 160 for a qso. the VK9 operator acknowledged the
calls. The European pileup was not hot and heavy but steady.  This may not
work at other times but it seems it cant hurt to ask.  At one point I couldnt
resist and followed them down to 160 for a cheap one.

Aloha and GL
Ron KH6DV

multipart/alternative
  text/html