Topband: VK9ML - 160 meters news

Bernie McClenny, W3UR bernie@dailydx.com
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 08:10:12 +0000

The following is from Eric, K3NA, at VK9ML.  I don't have anyway of
contacting these guys, so please don't ask me to relay any messages.

de Bernie, W3UR

We listen for USA every night from 0830z and SA at 0730z. Worked 1 HC8
but keep listening.
QRN was a problem first night, but reasonable since.
Only have a few E coast in log, many W-coast, but no one has been really
LOUD yet.
We're on continuously from 0800z to 1300z.
We work a few JA's if there are no US to work, but call again after a
few mins.

Big EU openings on 18th and 20th.
105 Eu's in log. Openings as far as F and ON, no G's yet. Openings seem
to start with ON's and spread.
Todays EU opening was from 1810z to 1940z.

"So tell those top-band dogs to get their butts down there, line up, and
work us :-) "

>From Eric - K3NA
via VK4CP, Webmeister - VK9ML

--
Bernie McClenny, W3UR

Want the DX news or are you satisfied with the `DX olds?'
Editor of - The Daily DX
          - The Weekly DX
          - How's DX