Topband: VK9ML

Ryszard Tymkiewicz rtym@ippt.gov.pl
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 06:56:43 +0200

Hello All,
K3NA is doing really excellent job from Mellish on Topband.
Not always DXpeditions from this area /very early morning/
are spending so much time for Europe on Low Bands.
Additionally condx are rather poor and with K Index 4 I
didn't believe it is possible to work Mellish Reef on 160m.
Anyway on Saturday evening they had really great signal
peaking even 589 around 1830 Z! I had 200m Beverage
in their direction but also on K9AY the signal was very good.
Yesterday VK9ML was again for EU on 1826,3 kHz listening
up 4 but this time 549 /still good signal!/ at 1920Z but it seem
 the skip was only to Central Eu as no one was calling them and
they came back to 80m. They should be again this evening
so another chance for Europe even if  K Index will be high
/there was a big X1 flare, I know Scandinavia is in much
worse situation SRI/.

            73 GL
             Rys
            SP5EWY

P.S.
That's a pity I'm not able to be during Topband Dinner
in Dayton but my friend SP5DRH will be there and I hope
to see some pictures of some of you afterwards.