Topband: Aiken Preamp

Brad Rehm Brad Rehm" <brehm@texas.net
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:25:51 -0500

Hello Topbanders!

Two years ago, I found a broadband preamp in the swap area at Dayton,
and I've only just gotten around to seeing how well it works.  It
seems this is a little jewel, with a very low noise figure and a
fairly high IP3.

Now, I'd like to know more about the company that made it: the
communications & electronics division of Aiken Industries.  I haven't
been able to turn up anything about them on the web, but there is a
lot of information about Howard Aiken who, along with Grace Hopper,
was the designer of several computers at IBM during the 1940's and
50's.

Anyone know if there's a connection between Aiken Industries and
Howard Aiken?

Do you know anything about this preamp?  The model number is
AMP-1200-9.  It covers 1.5 to 32 MHz.

73,
Brad Rehm, KV5V
Jarrell, TX