Topband: 4U1UN and VP9 activity

w2pm@aol.com w2pm@aol.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 11:23:59 -0400

In weekend visits to NYC I stay at the UN Plaza hotel directly across the street and have a great view of the roof and the antennas. Back in April there was a very sickly looking vertical, about 30' section of tower with a broken yagi, coax dangling and a long dipole across the roof line north-south in the longest path possible across the bldg.. If thats not a 160 dipole its an 80 at worst and probably can be readily feed as a Marconi with a counterpoise on the roof or something..  I know a local W2/JA who is a member and will call him about this and post back to the reflector re getting that station for the contestss. 73 Pete