Topband: Feeding multiple Beverages

Ulrich Weiss dj2ya@t-online.de
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 10:41:12 +0100

Hi Mauri and Tom,

first of all, thanks for replying to my problem Mauri... however, your
comments refer to just one of my questions... aditionally to Tom's
convincing argument I'd prefer low-Z switching to continue using my present
hardware (transformers, switches etc.)

> Looking at notes, one commercially manufactured switchbox measured
> almost that equivalent capacitance. With 50 ohm termination it would
> have an acceptable 45dB isolation. At Beverage impedance levels, it
> would have only around 20dB. To me, it is foolish to switch at
> several hundred ohms when a low impedance would allow many other
> improvements and advantages, like keeping grounds isolated.

my problem is "keeping grounds isolated"... when feeding several Beverages
from a common point, is it sufficient just to use different ground rods????
if so, how far should these ground rods be kept apart from each other to
avoid the T-effect???
are there perhaps alternative methods of grounding (e.g. radials - don't
they couple even more?)...

any help would be highly appreciated...

regards

Uli, DJ2YA

*       Ulrich Weiss                        *
*       Am Birkenstrauch 15           *
*       D-57334 Bad Laasphe        *
*       Tel.:  02752/6462                *