Topband: Future Antenna installation.

k6se@juno.com k6se@juno.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:54:28 -0800

Bill, K2WH wrote:

"I plan to put up a full size 160 meter vertical with an appropriate
radial system and a full size 80 meter vertical with an appropriate
radial system.

Question:

"In order to minimize interaction between the two verticals, what should
the separation distance between them be?  I intend to have each vertical
fitted with it's own radial system."
I suggest one grounded tower with separate shunt feeds for both 160m and
80m.  Only one radial system is necessary.  That's the way I do it at
K6SE and it gets out well on both bands.  It even works on both bands
simultaneously in a multi-multi situation, if you're so inclined.

73, de Earl, K6SE