Topband: Thanks to all who helped make it possible

Herbert Schoenbohm herbs@vitelcom.net
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 21:09:07 -0400

Please accept my heartfelt appreciation to all the many topband
enthusiasts who wrote such wonderful leters supporting my license
application.  Today the FCC granted my application and issued NP2MJ out
of its sequential pool.  I will have to wait for the Extra Class credits
to arrive from the ARRL VEC before I launch a vanity call sign request.
 I will try to get something on this weekend for the contest but the
only thing I have up is a 70 foot tower without the beam on top and few
radials left.  I will try with 100 watts to work a few hours in the
contest.  I might also appear deaf since I won't have time to run any
beverages.

Again I want to stress that this grant might not have been possible
without the hundreds of letters of support from fellow topbanders.

73

Herb Schoenbohm. NP2MJ (ex-KV4FZ)