Topband: Titanex V160HD

Ragnar Otterstad otterstad@enter.vg
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 23:58:46 +0100

 >is there anybody who use the titanex v160hd antenna .....

Two additional comments to my previous posting (you know, the one's you
remember just after you hit send!)

1) I do not have the Titanex tuner - it's easy to build your own and IMO
theirs offers nothing that a good inductor and a few caps and relays won't
do for a fraction of the price.

2) There is no magic to the Titanex electrically. Any mast, piece of wire
etc. that long/high will do the same job. The reason you buy a Titanex is
their mechanical approach.

73 Chris  G3SVL

I am a happy user, after having had a V160E for 2 years with excellent
results. It was installed on a farmers land and I had to take it down every
spring when the season started. Now I have a new all year position but no room
for guys, hence the change to HD.

I agree with the comments above, although I am using the Titanex ATU for
practical reasons. IT works fine on 30 meters in the 40 m position !

73

Rag Otterstad    LA5HE also JW5HE OZ8RO
located in Telemark - home of skiing.

My antenna "farm" can be found on HTTP://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he when you
click on  Radio.

Take a look at: http://WWW.visitTelemark.com

or  http://www.visitnorway.com