Topband: DX Window-N4ZR

Dave Heil k8mn@earthlink.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:08:17 +0000

"jbattin (by way of Bill Tippett )" wrote:

> The DX window problem is getting worse rather than better. In the past, guys
> would slip in and make a few qso's before they were chastised and went away.
> Now they call CQ for hours and pay no regard to those that chastise them (
> and the chastisers becoming fewer). I passed up quite a few qso's by
> refusing to work stateside in the window. I do not care if the DX is
> Caribbean or whatever ....just no US and Canada. As much as I dislike
> policeman on the bands ....I think it is only solution ..make it difficult
> and they will go away.
> John

A five-land station snuggled up next to RN6BN in the window during the
contest and sent "QRL?" followed less than a second later by a CQ.  I
advised him that he was QRMing DX in the window.  After he asked "what
window?" and was told that it was the one published in the contest
rules, he told me that there aren't any rules in a contest.

One of the problems with those North American stations CQing in the
window is that people respond to their CQs.  If they received no

Dave K8MN