Topband: yv5mbx - Inverted - L questions

Javier Lòpez Javier Lòpez
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 13:55:30 -0400

Merry Xtmas & Happy New Year for al the member of this list from our modest station!!!

After receive a lot of help regarding my last posts wich I appreciatte a lot, I was able to set-up an inverted-L for 160 mts. (At least I think so!!!).

The values obtained at the feed point were R=0 / X=115-123

I put a 500 pf variable capacitor in series with a piece of coax and the minimmun swr obtained was 1.5 with the following values R=49 X=21 / I take it out the capacitor & measured the capacitance value at the freq. and the result was 426pf Xc=200.

All the values were taken using an MFJ Analizer.

I hope to have the chance to buy the coax required to go up to the station tomorrow, so the question is:

Are reasonable enough those values, because I think that with the coax (RG-213) the swr must go down a little.

Could you give me any recommendation to achieve 1:1 at the desired Freq????

73's
Javier & Susan
yv5mbx & yv5mbu

multipart/alternative