Topband: Stew Perry Spots!!!!

Tom Rauch w8ji@contesting.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:35:38 -0500

 > I was spotted last night.  A ham friend here in town (who was not
 > participating in the SP) spotted me, I'm sure thinking he was doing me
 > a favor.

If you are making spots, it does not mean you are reading spots or
using spots. As a matter of fact, single-ops are allowed to generate
spots in other contests. It is reading or **using** them that puts
you in a multi-op or assisted class.

I noticed when I would spot DX (since I only have NA I can't submit a
log) certain stations would immediately appear. Shame on them, unless
they don't intend to submit a log!

We all should remember some people just look for new states or new
countries, they really don't intend to be in the contest. It is the
complainers who are *watching* the spots during the contest while
intending to submit logs who should raise eyebrows!

Even if it would have been Mau spotting calls, that action wasn't
necessarily wrong. Reading the spots was definitely wrong!

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com