Topband: Temotu

Nick watchman@tig.com.au
Thu, 03 Jan 2002 14:53:03 +0000

Dear topbanders,

this is a piece of information for
those of you who still need H40 on low bands-
I'm in the final stage of preparation for my Temotu dxpedition, March 28-
April 12, 2002.
As you probably know, few people went there so far and did a great job on
40m and above; however due to various reasons there was no serious activity
on 80m, and hardly any 160m. This time, the idea is to spend as much time
as possible on low bands.
This is the good news.
Bad news is that due to the strict baggage limits
of only 16kg, I've had no choice but to made some special (costly!)
arrangements with
Solomon Airlines which would allow me to take
160/80m vertical and amplifier. The total transport / flying cost of this
one-man operation
is approx $3500 US. Although most of this sum is already provided by private
funding,
more support is needed and much appreciated. Temotu is not a "holiday
island" - it is a place where malaria, civil unrests, lack of basic
necessities from drinking water to reliable power, unreliable transport and
flying arrangements is to be expected...
If you are in position to help with some modest donation, please contact me
direct. I'm looking forward to work you all from H40!

73, Nick VK1AA / VK9LX
www.qsl.net/160
www.qsl.net/vk9lx