Topband: TOP BAND RECEIVING ANTENNAS

PY5EG py5eg@inepar.com.br
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 11:12:36 -0200

Hi Friends:

         After more than 40 years dedicated to DX and Contests, I decided to
put some real effort on low band Dxing.
         As everyone knows we are too far from the most populated ham
activity areas. The low bands are very noisy here. Remember that when we are
in the winter you guys are in the summer!!
         My old friend K1ZM came here in Brazil several times and help us
(Araucaria Dx Group) to build some beverages for reception in our three
Contest Station.ZW5B, ZX5J and ZX0F
         We are very satisfied with the performance of the beverages near to
the Ocean, but in our altitude (more than 900 meters above the sea level)
the S/N level still very high.
         I'm considering the alternative to use a TITANEX SES 80 E  or to
build some pennants and I would like to get  comments on that and also some
literature suggestions.
         At my home ZW5B, the space is not the best for beverages, but
nevertheless I'm using one beverage to Europe and another one to USA.
         Thanks in advance for any help
         Happy and prosper New Year to all of you

         Oms PY5EG