Topband: KH2K/AH0 this morning

John Kaufmann john.w1fv@telocity.com
10 Jan 2002 11:21:49 -0800

KH2K/AH0--or is it KH2K/KH0 as spotted by a couple of people?--was on this morning and worked several East Coast stations just before sunrise (1145-1200Z).  I heard him work W4DR, K1ZM, W8LRL, N1EU as well as VK6HD.  There may be one or two other East Coasters that I'm forgetting.  I believe I was the last one to make it, just as the path shut down.  Signals started out peaking from the SW but at the end were a bit better from the NW quadrant which was quieter for receive.

After he disappeared, JA1CGM popped in for a few minutes direct path.  However, all I could get out of Ogi was a "QRZ W1?".  Otherwise the JA path has been virtually non-existent this season at my QTH.

73, John W1FV