Topband: Clicks

D. Andersen w7dd@msn.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:58:07 -0700

A modification I have performed on my IC-756pro noise blanker minimizes this
problem.  It also helps with SSB activated noise blanker splatter.  It is a
receiver modification.  I have by-passed the filter(fl132) in front of the
noise blanker with a short piece of wire.  The filter is left in place and
used as a terminal strip. This is a 15kc filter at 455kc.  There is another
15kc filter in the 64.455mc IF that I leave in place.  Now that we have an
adequate bandwidth for the noise to enter through, the NB gain control can
be reduced to a lower level.  This mini-pot is located near the filter.
This makes clicks and strong SSB a less important factor to the NB.  I now
can use the NB on 75m SSB in the presence of strong signals.  The NB is much
more effective even with the reduced level adjustment.

Don Andersen
W7DD