Topband: FT-1000MP Key Clicks?

k6se@juno.com k6se@juno.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:05:38 -0800

Lately there's been a lot said about key clicks on the Topband and 1000MP
reflectors.

I'd like to improve the CW waveform on my FT-1000MP, but I don't have the
facilities to test for the correct resistor values for the W8JI key click
mod, and the INRAD click mod apparently only improves the trailing edge
of the waveform.

It is my understanding that the MP exhibits clicks only on leading edge
the first dit (or dah) sent.

I wonder if anyone has tried playing with menu item 7-4 (break-in time
delay) to see if this has any effect on clicks in the MP.  The factory
default is 5 ms for menu 7-4.  Although I never use QSK,  I have mine set
to 30 ms, and I've never had any complaints about clicks.

Any comments are welcome.

73, de Earl, K6SE